6 apr. 2017

Through Other Eyes

(Previously published on Stuck In Plastic.)

Looking at ourselves through another person’s eyes is a great way to find out who we really are. And sometimes: we’re Batman.

I got rid of my document scanner long ago and instead use my camera when I need to digitize something off paper. Just rig it facing down from a tripod and photograph the document. I did that a few nights ago and having that setup plus I recently got a new Batman minifigure, I was inspired to recreate one of my favorite shots from the first Tim Burton Batman movie—


Batman looking up at the Joker’s helicopter (screenshot from Batman, ©1989 Warner Bros. Inc)

Leaving the camera exactly as it was I tried to get the angles right on the figure, blue-tacked to the floor. I ended up with this:


Batman looking up, POC

Quite close to what I wanted, but I ran out of time to do anything more with it then. The next morning I showed it to my girlfriend, and she said: “Nice, he’s flying.” I might have said “no he’s not”, but then I realized: Maybe he was. That night I added some environment under the camera, set more lights, and shot twice:


Look, a helicopter


Flying (for L)

Now when I go back to the POC I really see both final photos in it. But if I hadn’t been told he’s flying maybe it would have forever been just one.

What new views on your photos have you gotten from others? Please share in the comments.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar