19 juni 2016

LEGO Inside Tour 2016

I've been a LEGO fan all my life, but never heard of the Inside Tour until last year when I noticed an article on Brickset about it. I set a reminder in my calendar for November 9 and on that day I send in my application. A few weeks later the Inside Tour team sent a mail saying I'd made it to the list of participants.

Then: I waited. I got a Christmas card. I got my tour #3 assignment. I bought plane tickets. And finally, it was June 7—





A Unique LEGO Experience

Besides what some articles on Brickset had revealed about previous years' tours I didn't know anything about what to expect, but the three days in Billund far surpassed everything I'd imagined. It was three days with thirtyfour other passionate fans, with LEGO designers, with marketing professionals, and with lots of secrets from inside the world behind the bricks as we see them.

As usual, I'll let photos tell my story. Here is the LEGO Inside Tour—



The road from Hotel LEGOLAND into Billund town (and the LEGO offices) 



LEGO HQ


Innovation house, where the designers work


Someone left a shutter open. Is that an old set, or something coming next year?


The LEGO archives, where one of every old set is stored for reference


The first bricks


The first wheel


The first train


The first minifigures


It's a classic, though I preferred the grey generation


Fabuland


Another classic: LL928


The modern LEGO city, including 2016 sets


Wall repairs


What I built on the first night when designers rolled in cabinets full of elements, the same sets they work with, and hosted a MOC contest for us (I didn't win)


LEGO House under construction, opening 2017


I'm not the only LEGO photographer


Inspired by above


During a private tour of LEGOLAND, before it opened to the public in the morning, our guide pointed this out: The smallest model in the park; only 4 bricks


The solar panels are not only for show, they actually power parts of the models


I don't know why, but I can never resist photographing trains when I get a chance to


Clever use of HERO Factory retail sets in the park


They've hung the balloon from a tree; more fun if it was actually flying and tied down


Mini-Sweden


Riding the yellow dragon


Super-sized sea serpent


Great detail on a (real, not LEGO) building in the park's Polar Explorer section


Friends' skyscraper


The lookout tower at night


Mini-moose


Great details, with an audio track playing telling the visitors about NASA's shuttle program


One of our many souvenirs: A new Cole minifigure with photo-friendly details

The 2016 Exclusive Set

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar